Born in 1992, in Pleszew. He started learning classical guitar at the age of 7 in the State Music School in Pleszew with Waldemar Hartwig. In the space of years 2005-2011 he studied guitar with Jarosław Kocoń in the Krzysztof Komeda‐Trzciński Music School in Ostrów Wielkopolski. In 2016 he graduated from the I. J. Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznań where he was under the tutelage of prof. Piotr Zaleski and dr Łukasz Kuropaczewski. At present, Adrian Furmankiewicz is studying chamber music as a member of Erlendis Quartet. Young musician develops his musical skills on Soloist ‐ Postgraduate Diploma in Music, Ensemble in the Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen. His teachers are prof. Tim Frederiksen and prof. Jesper Sivebaek.
Adrian Furmankiewicz took part in many festivals and competitions. During them he had several dozens of masterclasses with virtuosos from all over the world such as: Manuel Barrueco, Aniello Desiderio, Marcin Dylla, Petrit Ceku, Susana Prieto, Gabriel Bianco, Zoran Dukić, Goran Krivokapić, Rolf Lislevand, Jan Depreter, Pavel Steidl. He is the prizewinner of over 30 solo and ensemble competitions, not only in Poland, but also on international stage.
The most important are:
- 2014 - I prize: XVII International Guitar Festival and Competition in Krynica - Zdrój
- 2011 – II prize: I National Guitar Competition in Elbląg and Special Prize – Minirecital during next artistic season of Elbląg Chamber Orchestra
- 2010 – II prize: National Guitar Competition of Solo and Chamber Music in Warsaw
- 2010 – I prize: VI International Guitar Festival and Competition „Gitaromania” in Jelenia Góra – Cieplice
- 2009 – II prize: IV International Guitar Festival and Competition in Olsztyn
- 2009 – Grand Prix: XII International Guitar Festival and Competition in Trzęsacz
- 2008 – I prize: National Guitar Competition in Inowrocław (chamber music category)
- 2008 – I prize: International Guitar Festival and Competition in Krynica- Zdrój
- 2007 - I prize: XVI International Guitar Competition in Sanok
In 2014 The Minister of Science and Higher Education granted him the scholarship for artistic achievements. Adrian was also awarded by the National Fund for Children, the Minister of Culture, the Prime Minister of Poland and 3 times by the President of Ostrów Wielkopolski Radosław Torzyński. The young guitarist took part in the semifinal of the prestigious competition „The Young Musician of the Year 2009” in Warsaw, organised by National Television and The Ministry of Culture. Within the scope of the support of the National Fund for Children he had a possibility to give a concert in Łazienki Królewskie (11.05.2008) and Zamek Królewski (8.03.2009).