Thanks to their great performances and reviews, Erlendis Quartet have established themselves as one of the most promising guitar quartets in Europe. As one of the few in the world, they are equally engaged in chamber music as in classical guitar world itself. The members of Erlendis Quartet are: Anna Chorążyczewska, Adrian Furmankiewicz, Wojciech Jurkiewicz and Karol Mruk. During their careers they have been awarded prizes in several guitar competitions in Europe, and have been widely recognized as outstanding soloists as well as chamber musicians.
Erlendis Quartet have won prizes in several competitions, including:
- 1st prize in The Guitar Foundation of America Competition in Fullerton (California, USA)
- 2nd prize in 5th International Chamber Music Competition in Cremona (Italy)
- 1st prize in 4th International Competition for Chamber Music with Guitar in Aschaffenburg (Germany),
- Audience Prize in 4th International Competition for Chamber Music with Guitar in Aschaffenburg (Germany),
- Special Prize in International Chamber Music Competition - Orlando Festival in Kerkrade (The Netherlands),
- 3rd Prize in Competition for Chamber Music in The Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen (Denmark),
- 1st prize in International Guitar Competition in Olsztyn (Poland),
- 2nd prize in Chamber Music Tournament in Bydgoszcz (Poland), where they were competing with forty other ensembles, mainly string quartets and piano trios.
Erlendis Quartet is also sponsored by a renowned strings brand SAVAREZ.
The quartet frequently performs in Europe (Poland, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Ukraine and Latvia) gathering audiences craving for new experiences. Standing ovations, enthusiastic reviews and awards speak for themselves. Once the ensemble gained popularity, they have been invited to give concerts at various festivals such as Q'arto Mondi Chamber Music Festival in Poznań, Guitar Academy: festival in Poznań, Orlando Festival in Kerkrade, International Meeting of Polish and Ukrainian Youngsters in Lviv, International Chamber Music Festival in Szamotuły, Spring Guitar Concerts in Szczecin, International Guitar Festival in Zielona Góra or International Guitar Festival “Gitara Viva” in Kielce. The ensemble was also invited to play a recital in Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice.
Expanding their vision:
Since September 2015 the artists have been based in Denmark, where they work and study in Copenhagen. As the first guitar quartet ever they have been enrolled for soloist postgraduate studies in The Royal Danish Academy of Music. They are working with Jesper Sivebaek (Scandinavian Guitar Duo) and Tim Frederiksen (former primarius of Danish String Quartet) – who is considered to be one of the greatest chamber music coaches nowadays. It's been a while since members of a guitar quartet chose to study with most remarkable musicians in different musical fields (Erlendis in Icelandic stands for abroad), which resulted in their participation in masterclasses run by Maestro Marek Moś, Maestro Jose Maria Florencio, Natasha Prischepenko (Artemis Quartet), Krzysztof Polonek (Berlin Piano Trio), Avi Avital, Krzysztof Chorzelski (Belcea Quartet), Antoine Lederlin (Belcea Quartet), Dirk Mommertz (Fauré Quartett), Hariolf Schlichtig (Cherubini-Quartetts), Heime Müller (Artemis Quartet) and others.
All the members of the quartet were students of Maestro Lukasz Kuropaczewski at Academy of Music in Poznań, when they decided to form Erlendis Quartet in October 2013. From the very beginning they drew attention of chamber music institutions and musicians from other musical fields, being supported by Cultura Animi Foundation and having regular lessons with Meccorre String Quartet cellist Karol Marianowski.
Performing diversified program is one of the main ideas of the ensemble members. Erlendis Quartet has in their repertoire a wide range of pieces from different musical periods and styles (including those dedicated to other instruments and new music).